Hi everyone. Hopefully what I write here will save you some time and aggravation.

I tried manually removing my private information from this stupid familytreenow site, and it would not let me because it could not "locate" the information that it was showing about me.

Ridiculous. So I emailed them and politely requested they remove my information. I received no response. So I emailed them again, with the same request.

No response. Then a third time I emailed them. No response. I gave up for a while.

Then suddenly I had an idea; why not file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (which gives them a richly-deserved rating of "F"!).

Lo and behold, the BBB intervened and resolved this problem within 48 hours.

So I would encourage all of you: don't fret, and don't waste your time contacting familytreenow. Just go directly to the BBB (https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started) and file a complaint.

It works!I

Product or Service Mentioned: Familytreenow Public Record.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Familytreenow Cons: Disclosure of personal contact details, Personal information being on the net, Cant opt out, Personal info disclosed.

Comments